Keystroke is very pleased to announce the release of Project KickStart 6.1, a huge update only seven weeks after v6.0. In short, you asked for new features, and we listened. We've worked hard since the October 23rd release of v6.0 to incorporate the changes requested, and we think you'll be pleased with the outcome.
The new features include the following:
- Project Dashboard: A summary of all your projects in one place, that provides a preview of all tasks, with a "timeline" column that aggregates all upcoming tasks from all projects in one place.
- Improved comment logging: Gone is the simple menu field that previously captured task notes, replaced with an updated logger that time/date/author stamps every new post or edit for massive improved accountability.
- Enhanced Gantt chart: with the addition of "status" and "priority", your Gantt chart now is much richer with project details
- Backup and restore utility: protecting your projects has never been easier with our new simple & secure backup & restore utility.
- Improved User Interface: We've added more colour, filters, customizable toolbars, and columns that can be either hidden or auto-widened to improve the over all user experience.
- Support for Terminal Services: Keystroke runs our business in the cloud, so it was important that every member of our team could use Project KickStart on our Cloud network
- Richer Preferences: We've added options for customizing welcome & landing pages, file attachments, and more default folders
- More Importing Options: we've added support for Importing contacts from CSV and Tasks from Excel
- Costing: Improved display and calculation of project costing
- Enhanced Task list: we've really added a lot of features to the Task List with the addition of Task "Priority" and a dynamic Task "Status", columns that can be hidden or auto-widened, along with more intuitive date filters. We've also added one-click checkbox for quickly marking tasks as complete, and strike-throughs indicating which tasks are completed. We've even added the ability to hide completed tasks from view to declutter your project.
- Act! v21 compatibility: Many changes we introduced with Act! v21, and we made sure Project KickStart remained compatible.
- Improved Contact Import & Activity Export: Importing Contacts from Act! or Outlook could be daunting & slow if your database is large, so we improved the efficiency and simplicity of this process. Exporting activities to Act! or Outlook was also streamlined and simplified to avoid sending more activities than you intended.
- Numerous bug fixes.
I think you'll agree this was an ambitious list of changes in seven weeks, but we're committed to making this version the best in a proud tradition of project management products. Please click HERE for your free trial today.